Saturday, July 10, 2010

Out of the box

After much dreary rain, Auckland is sparkling. I walked along the waterfront with my friend, while yachts appeared from nowhere, tilting and gliding, waiting for wind. The air is still and the sun warm.
It's one 'out of the box', as the saying goes, and today is indeed like a present freshly unwrapped, full of delight. Earlier in the week, this day was curled up in its box, wrapped around with grey cloud and wind, lost in slumber. And now it's out, free to dance.
These contrasts wake me up. I feel energised, wanting to skip and shout, suddenly believing in spring.

2 comments:

Marilyn & Jeff said...

It is a wonderful day and I like the idea that it was once curled up in a box waiting for it's time. I enjoyed being out and absorbing all the day had to offer.

Unknown said...

Oh your wonderful way with words. It must be that we are island people that the sea draws us...