Sunday, August 21, 2011

New growth

 I love to watch spring bringing new life to bush plants whem I'm at the bach. Here is the karamu, putting out its feathery blossom.
And kawakawa having a growth spurt with its candle-like flowers.
And rangiora spreading its fragrant flowerets. It can take a bit of practice to see native flowers, since they are usually green or white, being pollinated at night by moths.
I rejoice in these signs of new life, that have been undeterred by the frosts that fell on the fields on the flats below.
My photography and blogging may be slowed down for a while, as I'll explain in my next post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is such a joy watching new life emerge here, Juliet. Those candle-like flowers of the kawakawa are stunning. Hope all is well.

Marilyn & Jeff said...

It is so lovely to see these early signs of spring, they add a real spring to my joy of life.

Juliet said...

Thank you, Penny & Marilyn, Yes, it is a joy to watch these signs of new life.