Sunday, August 26, 2012

Spring birth

I am so lucky to have been born just as spring was gathering her skirts, ready to leap and dance. Yesterday was a great celebration of my birthday.
I want to share my spring bouquets with you: first begonias, looking as if they would burst out of their container with joy.
 then chrysanthemums, an unusual variety, but how very sunny and open
Then there were irises - oh gorgeous purple!
and sweet smelling daffodils, earlycheer and snowdrops in a neat little bouquet,
a silk scarf to waft around my neck - mmm it feels so slithery and light,
stones painted by Mira (who is 4), and red leaves, carefully selected, one by one,
oh, and the begonias wanted to say hi to you once more.

We all need that spring-like feeling of a new beginning, no matter what season we are in.
And so I'm sharing my new beginning with you, showering you with flowers, and wishing you many bright days ahead as you bring into your life all the newness, the freshness that your heart may desire.
Happy birthdays to us all!

10 comments:

lifeonthecutoff said...

Your bouquets are as cheerful as your post is, Juliet. Thank you and many happy returns.

Juliet said...

Thank you Penny. It was a very cheerful day, and the flowers keep cheering me too.

anissa ljanta said...

a very happy day of birth to you Juliet, how wonderful to have a spring birthday filled with bright flowers! I give thanks to your mama and all powers that conspired to have you here walking the earth...the world is so much richer for you being here right now. xx

Hotly Spiced said...

Happy birthday Juliet. What a wonderful time of year to have a birthday - right when everything is being renewed. You did get a lot of flowers for your birthday! They're all lovely but those coloured stones are priceless xx

Ruth G said...

May you have many more happy flower-filled days. Ra whanau ki a koe.

Juliet said...

* Anissa, what lovely words from you. The timing of my birthday has always felt special. Thank you!

* Charlie, thank you for the birthday greetings and you are so right, the stones are priceless!

* Ruth, thank you. I like the idea of happy flower-filled days to come.

Lynley said...

Many happy returns Juliet.

What a delicious splash of vibrant colour in all your gifts.

Juicy colours to inspire you......and us too....thank you:-)

Juliet said...

Lynley, the colours are full of life and have been cheering me up. Thank you.

cecilia said...

Happy Birthday Juliet and thank you so much for keeping our beautiful New Zealand alive for me. i just love your pages.. every one.. c

Juliet said...

Oh Cecilia, you are so welcome! You bring the great midwest to me, and I'm so pleased if my pages keep our beautiful land living in your heart. Thank you.