Saturday, October 6, 2012

Fine ladies want to play

 It's spring and I have my finery on. Don't I look gorgeous?
 My friend is still shedding a bit of winter bad-hair, but I still think she looks a treat. And we want to play! But the weather teases us, with a flash of sun, followed by cloud, wind and rain.
Come on girls, maybe we'll set out together. Let's get out on the town and show them what birds of paradise can do. After all, it's spring and if we wait any longer our finery will fade. Let's go!

9 comments:

Lynley said...

Aren't they pert and pretty wee birds about town?

I love your story about these flowers.

Juliet said...

Thank you Lynley, they are looking the best they ever have. Pert and pretty is an apt way to describe them.

Vicki Lane said...

Such animated blooms! We had these when I lived in Florida -- lovely plants.

Juliet said...

They certainly are lively, Vicki. Thanks for visiting.

lifeonthecutoff said...

I'm with you, Juliet. Yes. Let's go . . .

Hotly Spiced said...

Those birds of paradise are so beautiful. I just love them. The colours are incredible xx

Juliet said...

Great Penny, we're off to paint the town red!

Charlie, they are special plants. Often they get a bit bedraggled, but this year they are resplendant.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Juliet - Strelitzia .. love them from South Africa days - and now they occasionally have them at the flower sellers. I don't think I've ever seen a mini-stand like this - stunning photos ..

Cheers Hilary

Juliet said...

Hilary, so that's their botanical name. They are looking particularly fine this year. I didn't realise they came from South Africa.